- Reports arise of unconditional surrender by Abu Bakr and his men.
- The first hostages emerge from Trinidad and Tobago Television (TTT) at 1:00 pm.
- Youth, Sport, Culture and Creative Arts Minister Jennifer Johnson is the first hostage to be released from the Red House.
- Bakr himself emerges at 2:00 p.m. He lays down his gun and watches his men leave the building. The Defence Force drives the hostage takers away to Defence Force headquarters at Chaguaramas.
- M.P. Leo des Vignes dies in hospital.
Grant, Lennox; Lopez, Suzanne; Smith, Keith; John, Deborah; Johnson, Andy; Miller, Marlon; Cambridge, Ucill; Maynard, David; Baptiste, Simon; Taitt, Ria. Trinidad Under Siege: The Muslimeen Uprising, 6 Days of Terror; Port-of-Spain: Express House, 1990. 97-98. Print.