BAKED HAM WITH MUSTARD GLAZE
(Serves 15 or more)
- 1 ham (5 lbs), thawed
- Whole cloves
- ½ Cup brown sugar or honey
- ½ teaspoon dry or 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons fruit juice (orange or pineapple)
- Place ham, skin side up, in roasting pan and bake at 325°F for 20 minutes per round. Add 20 minutes extra (i.e. bake for about 2 hours).
- Remove skin from ham and score fat in diamond shape and stick with cloves.
- Combine sugar, mustard and fruit juice and spread over ham.
- Return ham to oven and continue to bake for 20-30 minutes, basting occasionally with glaze.
Source: Naparima Girls’ High School. (2002). The Multi-cultural cuisine of Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean: Naparima Girls' High School Cookbook, which can be purchased from the school.