These recommended free e-resources are specifically aligned with the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Principles of Business Syllabus. Resources are provided under each of the three major topics of study and associated sub-topics as recommended by CXC:
Topic 1. Organisational Principles
- The nature of Business
- Internal organisational environment
- Establishing a business
- Legal aspects of business
Topic 2. Promotion and Logistics
- Logistics and supply chain
Topic 3. Finance, Government and Technology
- Business finance
- Role of government in an economy
- Technology and the global business environment
NOTE: The student will be grounded in fundamental business concepts, practices and skills. Additionally, the ability to apply these concepts, practices and skills will aid the student in understanding the issues and problems relating at both at the global and regional levels.
TOPIC 1. ORGANIZATIONAL PRINCIPLES
SUB TOPIC. NATURE OF BUSINESS
- GENERAL ORGANIZATIONAL PRINCIPLES
- Organizational Principles
- Principles of Organizational Management
- Top 14 Principles of an Organization
- Principles of Organization
- The importance of good Organizational Structure
- 10 Guiding Principles of Organizational Design
SUB TOPIC. ESTABLISHING A BUSINESS
- 10 common Leadership Styles
- 9 common Leadership Styles: Which type are you?
- Problem Solving: Solving Complex Business Problems
TOPIC 2. PROMOTION AND LOGISTICS
SUB TOPIC. MARKETING
- GENERAL MARKETING PRINCIPLES
- Core concepts of Marketing
- Why is Marketing important? 9 Reasons why you really need it
- Understanding the Marketing Mix Concept-4Ps
- The Marketing Mix and the 4Ps of Marketing
- MARKETING RESEARCH
- Marketing Research: An Introduction
- Marketing Research Process: 6 Stages
- The 5 Basic Methods of Market Research
- How to do Market Research: The Basics
- Marketing and Market Research: 8 essential qualities that define great Leadership
TOPIC 3. FINANCE, GOVERNMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
SUB TOPIC. BUSINESS FINANCE
- BUSINESS FINANCE PRINCIPLES
- What is the importance of Finance Management in Business?
- Importance of Finance in Business Organizations
- ECONOMIC INSTITUTIONS
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- What is the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)?
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Business Economics: The International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- What is the CARICOM Single Market and Economy?
- CARICOM: Single Market and Economy?
- CARICOM Caribbean Community: a Community for All
- CARICOM Single Market and Economy (About CARICOM)
NALIS does NOT reserve the rights to these e-resources. Therefore no part of these publications may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission from the creators of the work. It is to be used strictly for educational and NOT for commercial purposes.