These recommended free e-resources are specifically aligned with the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Spanish Syllabus. The four core study profiles suggested are Listening; Speaking; Reading and Writing. Resources are provided under each of the five specific topics of study as recommended by CXC:
Establishing and maintaining social relationships
Giving, seeking and responding to information
Expressing emotions, attitudes and other responses
NOTE: As students develop competences in listening, speaking, reading and writing in Spanish, they can then interpret aspects of the culture in which this language is embedded. They acquire the means to facilitate deeper interaction with our Caribbean neighbours. Students are able to compare their own experiences with those of their peers in Francophone and Hispanic Caribbean countries. Ultimately, students will be equipped to meet the needs of living, studying and working in a multilingual region and in a culturally and linguistically diverse world.
TOPIC 1. ESTABLISHING AND MAINTAINING SOCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
SUB TOPIC 1.
Introductions; Greetings; Responses; Addressing Persons; Making Toasts; Birthday and Holiday Greetings etc.
- Spanish Flashcards: Hello1
- 123 Teach Me: Introduction to Spanish
TOPIC 2. GIVING SEEKING AND RESPONDING TO INFORMATION
Identifying; Completing an Application Form; Describing a Person, Place, Thing, Weather, Time and Season; How Things are Done; Listing and Quantifying, etc.
- Spanish Flashcards: Weather
- Spanish Flashcards: Adverbs (Place)
- Spanish Flashcards: Countries
- Aprender Espanol: Dias, Meses y Estaciones del Ano (Nivel Basico)
- Aprender Espanol: Las Horas (Nivel Basico)
TOPIC 3. EXPRESSING OPINIONS
SUB TOPIC 3.
Expressing Opinions, Approval, Happiness, Liking, Satisfaction, Disapproval, Confirmation and Denial, etc.
- Spanish: Double negatives words in Spanish
- Indefinite and Negative words in Spanish
- Learn to Express Opinions in Spanish
TOPIC 4. EXPRESSING EMOTIONS, ATTITUDES AND OTHER RESPONSES
SUB TOPIC 4.
Expressing Wish, Want and Desire, Willingness, Uncertainty, Prohibition Obligation, Granting, etc.
- Infos24: Chapter 14.6 Gustar
- Debes, Deberias, Tienes Que
- Use of the Subjunctive in Spanish
- Why and Because in Spanish
TOPIC 5. CONNECTIVES
SUB TOPIC 5.
Reinforcing; Similarity; Summarizing; Result and Consequence; Conclusion etc.
- Linking Spanish words in Spanish; important Spanish connectors
Spanish Grammar tips-connectives
SUB TOPIC 6. VOCABULARY TRAINING
- Home and Family
- Aprender Espanol: Los Alimentos (Nivel Basico)
- Aprender Espanol: Muebles y Otros Objetos de La Casa (Nivel Basico)
- Ser and Estar
- Aprender Espanol: Principales Usos de Ser y Estar
- Preterite Tense
- Aprender Espanol: Diferencias Entre El Preterito Indefinido y El Imperfecto
NALIS does NOT reserve the rights to these e-resources. Therefore no part of these publications may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission from the creators of the work. It is to be used strictly for educational and NOT for commercial purposes.