The Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC), also known as the library catalogue, is an online database of bibliographic records, representing materials held by a library or group of libraries. Users search the library catalogue to identify and locate books and other materials (dvds, audio books, etc.) available at a particular library. The OPAC facilitates both simple and advanced searching and provides title lists, as well as complete record displays.
Follow the steps below to search the library catalogue and find materials available at your library:
1. Visit the NALIS’ website at https://www.nalis.gov.tt ;
2. Enter your search in the Search our Catalogue box or click on Search the Catalogue. You can also enter the URL https://nalis.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/default/? in your browser to access the OPAC;
3. Conduct a simple search by selecting a Search Limit and Search Field. Then enter your search term (name, title, etc.) and click on the Search button;
4. On the search result page, you will see the total no. of entries found. You select a sort method and/or limit the results by using the options in the left column of the page;
5. After you choose the title of your choice, a detailed information of the item will display as follows;
6. If you wish to add searched entries to a temporary list, click on Select an Action, then Add to My Lists. You can view your list by choosing My Lists which is located at the top right corner of the page. To access a saved list, click on Log In and enter your User ID (type your library card number without any spaces) and PIN in the new box that appears;
7. If you have completed your search, you can now exit the page.