We are extremely pleased to announce that NALIS has been shortlisted for the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) President’s Award for Service Excellence and Innovation in the Public Sector. The winner of the award will be announced at an official function on December 3, 2019. NALIS is among four other shortlisted candidates.
For the award, NALIS submitted its Maloney Public Library Pilot Project. In January 2018, NALIS embarked upon the Maloney Project aimed at attracting patrons to the newly renovated library. The pilot, which included the utilisation of several research tools to identify community needs; a change in library hours; as well as extensive outreach and community engagement activities, resulted in significant increases in traffic and circulation at the library. This library is still the buzz of the community.
NALIS thanks all the members of staff who worked arduously on the submission for the 2019 IDB President Award, those who presented before the panel to defend the submission, and those who continue to work tirelessly to ensure that the people of Maloney get the high level of service they deserve.
NALIS is no stranger to being shortlisted or receiving awards. The Authority has been recipient of the following:
- Creative Excellence Award, 1999 – 2000 for its stationery;
- Creative Excellence Award 2000 – 2001 for the NALIS “Open the Book” Poster;
- Prime Minister’s Innovating for Excellence Award 2004 - Making a Difference to People – Social Inclusion for Services to the Blind and Visually Impaired Persons;
- Creative Excellence Award – Public Service/Charities 2008 for the “Trinidad Folklore Calendar”;
- COSTAATT Partnership Award 2012 for its role in developing the Technician’s Diploma and Associate Degree Programme in Library and Information Science;
- Ministry of Public Administration Excellence in Service Delivery Award 2012 for excellence service delivery at the Arima and Mayaro Public Libraries.