The Spanish Conversation Club will resume on Wednesday September 5, 2018 and runs until December 12, 2018. Sessions will be held on Wednesdays from 5pm to 6:30 pm in the First Floor Seminar Room located on the first floor at the National Library, corner Hart and Abercromby Streets, Port of Spain.
The Spanish Club, is an initiative of the Latin American and Spanish Embassies in collaboration with NALIS. The following embassies will be participating in the club: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru and Spain.
- It is free and open to all persons who have working knowledge of Spanish and wish to improve their communication skills and fluency.
- Every Wednesday, one of the Latin American or Spanish Embassies hosts the session, during which various topics will be discussed.
- Why is it important? Given our geographical position to Latin America, it is important for citizens to learn Spanish in order to take advantage of numerous opportunities for trade, education, tourism and leisure from millions of Spanish speakers that surround the Caribbean islands. This is why Spanish was designated the First Foreign Language of Trinidad and Tobago in 2004.
- Broaden your mind: people are invited to take advantage of this opportunity to meet new people and improve your fluency in Spanish.
- In the past sessions, participants were able to sample Chilean wine, taste a traditional Mexican Rosca de Reyes (pastry eaten during the Epiphany) which is all part and parcel of discovering the unique cultures of each presenting country.
- Get ready for your Spanish exams: The Club will be especially beneficial for Cape and CSEC students preparing for their upcoming examinations. At Nalis, hispanophiles are invited to access the Spanish language collection available at the adult library.
- For more information you can visit the Club’s Facebook page Club de Español Trinidad y Tobago.
The motto of the club is Aprende español y disfrutarás de la vida ….Learn Spanish and you will enjoy life! See you there!