Types of Repairs
The repairs carried out in the bindery are chosen according to the types of damages seen. A book could have one or a combination of problems needing to be repaired.
A Preservation and Conservation Binder may select from the treatment options listed below:-
- Treatment of damaged or broken spine.
- Treatment of frayed or broken fore-edge of book.
- Treatment of damaged covers.
- Patching torn or cut pages.
- Substitution of missing pages.
- Clean-up of soiled pages from food items, and writings made from pens or crayons etc.
- Removal of tape from pages.